Re: [XP] How to find a good XP team/shop?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
      Hi Kay,

      On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:45 AM, "Kay" <tranzpupy@...> wrote:

      > I don't understand. They want you to work for nothing? And for how long?

      I said they would want to work with people. A day might suffice. I don't have an opinion on who should pay.

      > How does one pay rent with no income??

      I don't know that.

      Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. -- Muhammad Ali

    • Kay
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
        Hey, Ron,

        I read "come to work with them for a while" as being a period of time longer than a day. so my bad, I guess. I have heard of "interviews" that included a half-day or so of pairing... and I'd certainly be willing to do that.

        The rent question was rhetorical.

        But I suspect you knew that.

        Kay

        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries wrote:

        > Hi Kay,
        >
        > On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:45 AM, "Kay" wrote:
        >
        > > I don't understand. They want you to work for nothing? And for how long?
        >
        > I said they would want to work with people. A day might suffice. I don't have an opinion on who should pay.
        > >
        > > How does one pay rent with no income??
        >

        > I don't know that.
        >
        > Ron Jeffries
        > www.XProgramming.com
        > Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. -- Muhammad Ali

      • John Roth
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
          I see notes about unpaid internships being fairly common in some areas.
          Mostly these are from people who consider the practice abusive, but I
          doubt if I'd be seeing them if the practice wasn't widespread in some
          niches.

          John Roth

          On 1/31/13 10:59 AM, Kay wrote:

          > Hey, Ron,
          >
          > I read "come to work with them for a while" as being a period of time
          > longer than a day. so my bad, I guess. I have heard of "interviews"
          > that included a half-day or so of pairing... and I'd certainly be
          > willing to do that.
          >
          > The rent question was rhetorical.
          >
          > But I suspect you knew that.
          >
          > Kay
          >
          > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:extremeprogramming%40yahoogroups.com>, Ron Jeffries wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Kay,
          > >
          > > On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:45 AM, "Kay" wrote:
          > >
          > > > I don't understand. They want you to work for nothing? And for how
          > long?
          > >
          > > I said they would want to work with people. A day might suffice. I
          > don't have an opinion on who should pay.
          > > >
          > > > How does one pay rent with no income??
          > >

          > > I don't know that.
          > >
          > > Ron Jeffries
          > > www.XProgramming.com
          > > Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. -- Muhammad Ali

        • markusdeibel
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
            Thanks for the advice so far. These are some good starting points I can work with.

            Thanks,
            Markus