Re: [XP] Prioritizing the backlog.

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 28, 2013
      John,

      On Jan 28, 2013, at 8:08 PM, John Carter <john.carter@...> wrote:

      > Hmm. Partly a good idea, partly gives rise to Courtiers and the rise of an
      > Obnoxracy. (Rule of the more persistent and obnoxious, rather than those
      > with the best ideas.)

      Only has to do that if the king listens to them. and why would he?

      It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
      -- Ronald Reagan

    • JackM
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 30, 2013
        Thanks a ton for the awesome feedback and pointers to unit test resources.

        Much appreciate,
        Jack

        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries wrote:

        > John,
        >
        > On Jan 28, 2013, at 8:08 PM, John Carter wrote:
        >
        > > Hmm. Partly a good idea, partly gives rise to Courtiers and the rise of an
        > > Obnoxracy. (Rule of the more persistent and obnoxious, rather than those
        > > with the best ideas.)
        >

        > Only has to do that if the king listens to them. and why would he?
        >
        > Ron Jeffries
        > www.XProgramming.com
        > It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
        > -- Ronald Reagan

      • Curtis Cooley
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 31, 2013
          On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:59 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi John,
          >
          > On Jan 23, 2013, at 7:13 PM, John Carter john.carter@...> wrote:
          >
          > > All easy problems to solve....
          > >
          > > ...but become hard when the list is on the wrong side of 500 and the
          > number
          > > of customers and interests are on the wrong side of 10.
          >
          > See also my old article about having no backlog: Petition the King.
          >
          > +1

          This is exactly what I thought of when I read the OP.

          I also thought about Lean Procrastination which is very similar to Kevin's
          top 10. Your customers know more about the product and what they need
          better than you ever will so outsource the backlog to them :)