Re: [XP] The Agile Manifesto using the ten hundred most used words

  • Adrian Howard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
      On 20/01/13 13:14, Laurent Bossavit wrote:
      >> >http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
      >> >
      >> >Can you do better?
      > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
      > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq

      Nice.

      > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

      D'oh! ;-)

      Adrian
    • James Grenning
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
        Adrian, thanks for starting this. Fun morning distraction

        I was surprised to find conversation in the list with all other words that are missing.

        Here is mine:

        http://bit.ly/dumbed_down_agile_manifesto

        On Jan 20, 2013, at 7:22 AM, Adrian Howard wrote:

        > > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
        > > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
        >
        > Nice.
        >
        > > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.
        >
        > D'oh! ;-)
        >
        > Adrian

      • Angela Harms
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
          "words that MR LAWYER uses" -- nice.

          Angela Harms
          cell or text: 541-337-8088
          http://twitter.com/angelaharms

          On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM, James Grenning <
          james@...> wrote:

          > Adrian, thanks for starting this. Fun morning distraction
          >
          > I was surprised to find conversation in the list with all other words that
          > are missing.
          >
          > Here is mine:
          >
          > http://bit.ly/dumbed_down_agile_manifesto

          > > > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
          > > > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
          > >
          > > Nice.
          > >
          > > > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.
          > >
          > > D'oh! ;-)
          > >
          > > Adrian

        • James Grenning
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
              :)

              It is fun.

              One quibble. We chose "over" quite carefully. "Rather than" implies more "instead of". Recall that "over" represents a preference but not a strict prohibition against the things on the right.

              On Jan 20, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Laurent Bossavit <laurent@...> wrote:

              > > http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
              > >
              > > Can you do better?
              >
              > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
              > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
              >
              > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

              Yin and Yang I figure.
              -- Tom Jeffries