Re: [XP] The Agile Manifesto using the ten hundred most used words

  • Laurent Bossavit
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
      > http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
      >
      > Can you do better?

      Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
      http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq

      It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

      Cheers,
      Laurent
    • Adrian Howard
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
        On 20/01/13 13:14, Laurent Bossavit wrote:
        >> >http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
        >> >
        >> >Can you do better?
        > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
        > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq

        Nice.

        > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

        D'oh! ;-)

        Adrian
      • James Grenning
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
          Adrian, thanks for starting this. Fun morning distraction

          I was surprised to find conversation in the list with all other words that are missing.

          Here is mine:

          http://bit.ly/dumbed_down_agile_manifesto

          On Jan 20, 2013, at 7:22 AM, Adrian Howard wrote:

          > > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
          > > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
          >
          > Nice.
          >
          > > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.
          >
          > D'oh! ;-)
          >
          > Adrian

        • Angela Harms
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
            "words that MR LAWYER uses" -- nice.

            Angela Harms
            cell or text: 541-337-8088
            http://twitter.com/angelaharms

            On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM, James Grenning <
            james@...> wrote:

            > Adrian, thanks for starting this. Fun morning distraction
            >
            > I was surprised to find conversation in the list with all other words that
            > are missing.
            >
            > Here is mine:
            >
            > http://bit.ly/dumbed_down_agile_manifesto

            > > > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
            > > > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
            > >
            > > Nice.
            > >
            > > > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.
            > >
            > > D'oh! ;-)
            > >
            > > Adrian

          • James Grenning
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
                :)

                It is fun.

                One quibble. We chose "over" quite carefully. "Rather than" implies more "instead of". Recall that "over" represents a preference but not a strict prohibition against the things on the right.

                On Jan 20, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Laurent Bossavit <laurent@...> wrote:

                > > http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
                > >
                > > Can you do better?
                >
                > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
                > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
                >
                > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

                Yin and Yang I figure.
                -- Tom Jeffries