The Agile Manifesto using the ten hundred most used words

  • Adrian Howard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
      Some weekend silliness...

      Some of you may have come across http://xkcd.com/1133/ that describes
      the Saturn 5 launcher with only the 10,000 most popular words in US
      English.

      Theo Sanderson had the awesome idea of making a text editor that
      encouraged you to describe any idea with the same limitations.

      So here's my attempt at the Agile Manifesto using the ten hundred most
      used words:

      http://is.gd/Mnl0zN

      Can you do better?

      Anybody want to have a go at the principles ;-)

      Cheers,

      Adrian
      t. +44 (0)7752 419080 skype adrianjohnhoward pinboard.in/u:adrianh
    • Laurent Bossavit
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
        > http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
        >
        > Can you do better?

        Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
        http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq

        It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

        Cheers,
        Laurent
      • Adrian Howard
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
          On 20/01/13 13:14, Laurent Bossavit wrote:
          >> >http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
          >> >
          >> >Can you do better?
          > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
          > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq

          Nice.

          > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

          D'oh! ;-)

          Adrian
        • James Grenning
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
            Adrian, thanks for starting this. Fun morning distraction

            I was surprised to find conversation in the list with all other words that are missing.

            Here is mine:

            http://bit.ly/dumbed_down_agile_manifesto

            On Jan 20, 2013, at 7:22 AM, Adrian Howard wrote:

            > > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
            > > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
            >
            > Nice.
            >
            > > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.
            >
            > D'oh! ;-)
            >
            > Adrian

          • Angela Harms
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
              "words that MR LAWYER uses" -- nice.

              Angela Harms
              cell or text: 541-337-8088
              http://twitter.com/angelaharms

              On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM, James Grenning <
              james@...> wrote:

              > Adrian, thanks for starting this. Fun morning distraction
              >
              > I was surprised to find conversation in the list with all other words that
              > are missing.
              >
              > Here is mine:
              >
              > http://bit.ly/dumbed_down_agile_manifesto

              > > > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
              > > > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
              > >
              > > Nice.
              > >
              > > > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.
              > >
              > > D'oh! ;-)
              > >
              > > Adrian

            • James Grenning
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
                Thanks.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
                  :)

                  It is fun.

                  One quibble. We chose "over" quite carefully. "Rather than" implies more "instead of". Recall that "over" represents a preference but not a strict prohibition against the things on the right.

                  On Jan 20, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Laurent Bossavit <laurent@...> wrote:

                  > > http://is.gd/Mnl0zN
                  > >
                  > > Can you do better?
                  >
                  > Fun stuff. Here's my attempt:
                  > http://bit.ly/WPz6Wq
                  >
                  > It turns out that "computer" is in the list, that makes things easier.

                  Yin and Yang I figure.
                  -- Tom Jeffries