Re: [XP] scrum and user story

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
      Hi, Raf,

      On 12/9/12 7:17 PM, Raf Roger wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm looking for help/confirmation about user story.
      > i read several books but had some issues to get confirmation and to reach
      > some scrum forums/communities.
      >
      > let say i have a feature "Create Account" which consists of several user
      > stories:
      > 1. as unknown user i want to create candidate account so that i can store
      > my resume to apply to a job offer
      > 2. as administrator i want to create consultant account so that employee
      > can manage candidates
      > 3. as consultant i want to create candidate account so that i can retype
      > candidate resume into system
      > 4. as administrator i want to create candidate account so that i can retype
      > candidate resume into system
      > ..
      > this is a short example, but i would like to know if it's correct or not,
      > because user stories 1,3,4 are same or very close.
      >
      > i would like to know if such decomposition is correct or not.
      > if not what is the best way to do it (please be concrete) ?
      > i still have some problem to know when to stop or not with decomposition
      > especially when several roles/actors can perform the same user story.

      I would suggest that creating the account is not the point of the story.
      It's an implementation detail.

      What if we start again with a single category of user.

      1. As a user, I want to store my resume to apply to a job offer.

      What happens next? I think if we look at the other things that follow,
      we'll identify the need for an account. The account is a means to some
      end(s).

      - George