Re: [XP] Well done waterfall+agile

  • Agustin Villena
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
      AFAIK the very first "agile" papers (before the term was coined) was this
      set from @unclebob

      http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/IIDI.pdf
      http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/IIDII.pdf
      http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/IIDIII.pdf

      In the wider agile spectrum, you have the meta-method called Kanban, that
      you can apply over your existing process to make it more agile in an
      evolutionary fashion.

      http://www.leanssc.org/files/201004/powerpoint/4.21%2011.15am%20Shalloway%20SeeingWhatMatters.pdf

      Best Regards
      @agustinvillena
      El 08/11/2012 20:46, "marcodorantes" <marcodorantes@...> escribi�:

      > **
      >

      > Hi all,
      > I am looking for articles or papers that talk about the details of how to
      > successfully execute a development project with a waterfall fa�ade to the
      > upper-management layer and an agile approach for the development team. All
      > is new in the project: the team, the users, the application, the
      > technology. Note that with �waterfall� I mean strict sequential stages of
      > requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment to production,
      > and three months of maintenance; along with a fixed-price/fixed-scope
      > contract, and a single Gantt chart as part of the signed contract. This
      > Gantt chart will work as the criteria for payments at the end of each stage
      > against stated deliverables in the contract.
      >
      > I have heard, from time to time, that some teams have done precisely that
      > and very well done. Yet, I have not checked the evidence to believe it.
      >
      > Could you point to those articles or papers?
      >
      > Thank you very much in advance.

    • Allen Higgins
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2012
        I view SCRUM and Kanban as exactly that, although not a facade as such
        with its negative connotations as a falsification of the underlying
        process however.
        In my opinion a SCRUM or Kanban style environment that emphasises the
        XP practices can in fact coexist nicely with a ISO 9001:2008 QMS
        corporate environment.

        Allen