Re: Pattern Encoded Suffix

  • Ivan, Liliana
    Message 1 of 191 , Aug 10, 2012
      Me neither. On top of that I'm annoyed . For some reason, each post from _Marvin makes me roll my eyes and ask myself "again???"
      Liliana

      "Nayan Hajratwala" nhajratw <mailto:nayan@...?subject=Re%3A%20Pattern%20Encoded%20Suffix>
      It's possible that I'm dense, but I have absolutely no idea what your response means. I don't grok your frameworks or principles.

      On Aug 9, 2012, at 10:21 PM, "MarvinToll.com" <MarvinToll@...<mailto:MarvinToll%40gtcGroup.com>> wrote:
      > WOW Nayan... I am truely impressed - and thankful you expressed this.
      >
      > You have parsed the distinction between PED and SOAj.
      >
      > BLABLABLA

      [cid:image001.gif@01CD76E4.D9B2D7D0]

      LILIANA IVAN

      Business Technology

      Rand Merchant Bank
      Telephone +27 112821960
      Mobile +27 828476682

      (Rand Merchant Bank, a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is an Authorised Financial Services Provider)

      This e-mail is subject to a disclaimer, available at http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html

    • MarvinToll.com
      Message 191 of 191 , Sep 23, 2012
        Jeff,

        Thanks for your feedback.

        The notion that a a Java author precisely considers whether they are using one of the two exception mechanisms to indicate a true unanticipated exceptional break-down, or as an indication of alternate path processing (e.g. instead of return codes), is the thought-path I'm suggesting for consideration.

        As you mentioned (twice), there are contexts where the author could be wrong... and the code catching can respond as required.

        Said another way, I'm suggesting that authors throwing exceptions clarify the intended usage... even though a client's corner-case might warrant a different course than the author anticipated.

        _Marvin
        PatternEnabled.com