Re: [XP] Pattern Encoded Suffix

  • MarvinToll.com
    Message 1 of 191 , Aug 9, 2012
      @Petite...

      So you are fine with:

      BookingBusinessObject
      ManageBookingBusinessFacade
      PersistenceResourceFacade
      PersistenceStatefulException

      ???

      _Marvin

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Petite Abeille <petite.abeille@...> wrote:

      > Yea, a bit of a throwback of Hungarian notation. Just reversed. And applied to "pattern" as opposed to "type". Either way, looks like line noise.

    • MarvinToll.com
      Message 191 of 191 , Sep 23 11:25 AM
        Jeff,

        Thanks for your feedback.

        The notion that a a Java author precisely considers whether they are using one of the two exception mechanisms to indicate a true unanticipated exceptional break-down, or as an indication of alternate path processing (e.g. instead of return codes), is the thought-path I'm suggesting for consideration.

        As you mentioned (twice), there are contexts where the author could be wrong... and the code catching can respond as required.

        Said another way, I'm suggesting that authors throwing exceptions clarify the intended usage... even though a client's corner-case might warrant a different course than the author anticipated.

        _Marvin
        PatternEnabled.com