Re: [XP] Pattern Encoded Suffix

  • RonJeffries
    Message 1 of 191 , Aug 9, 2012
      Hi Theresa,

      On Aug 9, 2012, at 7:58 AM, "Theresa Forster (home)" <theresajayne@...> wrote:

      > Nice thought there Ron, I always wondered why I see so many people trying to name classes for the pattern,
      > But isn't there also a use for patterned classes like UserController or ReaderFactory?

      Yes, probably.

      You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake

    • MarvinToll.com
      Message 191 of 191 , Sep 23, 2012
        Jeff,

        Thanks for your feedback.

        The notion that a a Java author precisely considers whether they are using one of the two exception mechanisms to indicate a true unanticipated exceptional break-down, or as an indication of alternate path processing (e.g. instead of return codes), is the thought-path I'm suggesting for consideration.

        As you mentioned (twice), there are contexts where the author could be wrong... and the code catching can respond as required.

        Said another way, I'm suggesting that authors throwing exceptions clarify the intended usage... even though a client's corner-case might warrant a different course than the author anticipated.

        _Marvin
        PatternEnabled.com