Re: [XP] New Analyst Report Calls Agile a Scam, Says It's An Easy Out For Lazy Devs

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 15, 2012
      Hi Ron,

      Maybe we should all stop talking about "Agile." Folks I respect generally
      do XP, or Scrum or some other agile methodology. They don't "Do Agile."

      Yet even on this list, folks keep talking about agile as if it were a
      methodology. No wonder outsiders are confused.

      Charlie

      On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I think it's time for a new revolution ...
      >
      > On Jul 15, 2012, at 7:39 PM, Adam Sroka wrote:
      >
      > > I agree. The Slashdot post was flippant. They usually are.
      > >
      > > But the two links were both interesting. I think that from an outsiders
      > > perspective if you don't know who's who it does look like "Agile is
      > > designed to sell services." There are a lot of people charging a lot of
      > > money and a lot of what they are selling is crap.
      > >
      > > The only question is, which thing is actually "Agile?" The thing you and
      > > both know works? Or the thing those people are selling? Do we know the
      > > answer to that? How would an outsider tell?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > I'm really pissed off by what people are passing off as "agile" these days.
      > You may have a red car, but that does not make it a Ferrari.
      > -- Steve Hayes

    • Soledad Juárez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 29, 2012
        Hello Dear Sironi:

        It is a good reference, I find it very useful.
        Thank you very much.

        Best regards!

        Soledad J. Smithers
        soledad_jj@...