Re: [XP] New Analyst Report Calls Agile a Scam, Says It's An Easy Out For Lazy Devs

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 15, 2012
      I think that much of what is being sold as Agile is a way for lazy people,
      many of whom are middle managers or bureaucrats (Which is what many
      programmers have been forced to become in large organizations,) to
      implement mindlessly what only works as a mindful process. So, I think the
      analysis isn't too far off.

      The problem isn't with the Agile community per se, it's with the notion
      that large corporations can adopt Agile in a cookie cutter way. Many people
      are buying that and so many people are selling it to them. It is snake oil.

      On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > So they gave a survey to who knows whom, no one came, and therefore Agile
      > doesn't work.
      > How that turns into an easy out for lazy devs escapes me entirely.
      > About par for slashdot.
      > On Jul 15, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Ray Tayek wrote:
      >

      > http://developers.slashdot.org/story/12/07/14/1242237/new-analyst-report-calls-agile-a-scam-says-its-an-easy-out-for-lazy-devs
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > I know we always like to say it'll be easier to do it now than it
      > will be to do it later. Not likely. I plan to be smarter later than
      > I am now, so I think it'll be just as easy later, maybe even easier.
      > Why pay now when we can pay later?

    • Soledad Juárez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 29, 2012
        Hello Dear Sironi:

        It is a good reference, I find it very useful.
        Thank you very much.

        Best regards!

        Soledad J. Smithers
        soledad_jj@...