New Analyst Report Calls Agile a Scam, Says It's An Easy Out For Lazy Devs

  • Ray Tayek
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 15, 2012
      http://developers.slashdot.org/story/12/07/14/1242237/new-analyst-report-calls-agile-a-scam-says-its-an-easy-out-for-lazy-devs

      Posted by <mailto:soulskill@...>Soulskill on Saturday July
      14, @10:30AM
      from the but-i-just-revamped-my-entire-lexicon dept.
      msmoriarty writes "We recently got a copy of a new Voke analyst
      <http://www.vokeinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=206>report
      on Agile, and the firm basically
      <http://adtmag.com/articles/2012/07/13/report-says-agile-a-scam.aspx>blasts
      the movement from top to bottom. Some highlights: 'The Agile movement
      is designed to sell services. ... Out of over 200 survey
      participants, we received only four detailed comments describing
      success with Agile.' 'Survey participants report that developers use
      the guise of Agile to avoid planning and to avoid creating
      documentation required for future maintenance. ... Be aware that the
      Agile movement might very well just be either a developer rebellion
      against unwanted tasks and schedules or just an opportunity to sell
      Agile services including certification and training.' So did the
      analysts just talk to the wrong 200 people?"

      ---
      co-chair http://ocjug.org/
    • Soledad Juárez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 29, 2012
        Hello Dear Sironi:

        It is a good reference, I find it very useful.
        Thank you very much.

        Best regards!

        Soledad J. Smithers
        soledad_jj@...