Re: [XP] Little bit OT: java unit test tools for java card virtual machine

  • John Roth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2012
      The basic xUnit framework is very simple; any project that's considering
      building its own language based on a virtual machine ought to find
      implementing something similar to be a very minor part of the effort.
      Whether or not the existing JUnit would work with a subset of Java
      depends on the subset.

      While IANAL, I presume you are aware that the term Java, as applied to a
      programming language, is a registered trademark of Oracle. The previous
      trademark holder, Sun, was very choosy about allowing anyone to use that
      trademark without clearing it with them. I believe Sun would not allow
      it unless the product could pass the _entire_ validation suite. I doubt
      if Oracle is any less stringent.

      John Roth

      On 7/10/12 4:31 PM, M. Manca wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I am searching to understand if JUnit or an other unit test framework
      > for Java could be used to test Java Card Applications so the difference
      > is that a subset of Java is implemented in Java Card and the virtual
      > machine is different (reduced) and is called Java Card Virtual Machine
      > (JCVM) instead of JVM. Any help will be very appreciated.
      > Regards,
      > Massimo

    • JeffGrigg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2012
        See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2348781/java-card-unit-testing

        Yes, they say that JUnit works just fine. (And if not, it's pretty easy to write another one.)