Keys to success in a Manifiesto

  • gusridd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2012
      Hi, i'm new to this group and i'd like to make a question to the community:

      I'm representing a group of programmers from Chile that support the agile manifesto. Recently in our country a new movement is emerging due to the catastrophic events that have occurred in the past years that hopes to go beyond the agile manifesto putting emphasis on collaboration and solidarity, we call it The Digital Solidarity Manifesto.

      We would like to ask which were the success keys for having such a great community. We have found some keys that we found important and we'd appreciate your validation.

      In the first place, the way a message is transmitted is as important as the message itself. So we need to find a balance between content and the way this is published.

      Secondly, the message must innovate in some way, we recognize more manifesto's initiatives around the globe, especially the agile manifesto that breaks the old-fashioned way of coding. So we must innovate in the message and in the way this is transmitted.

      Have you ever come across this success keys in your community history?
      Do you recognize some other success keys that we are missing?

      We believe in learning from the past and from other's experiences.

      Thanks for your time.
      Greetings.
      PS: I'm actually making this post in other communities so I hope nobody thinks this is SPAM.
    • M. Manca
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2012
        Il 18/05/2012 04:59, gusridd ha scritto:
        This is not exactly an argument related to the group that is extreme
        programming but in this particular case I suggest to don't think to it
        as spam. I hope also that the more involved engineers can give to
        gusridd some indications about what he asks.
        Good luck gusridd.

        > Hi, i'm new to this group and i'd like to make a question to the
        > community:
        >
        > I'm representing a group of programmers from Chile that support the
        > agile manifesto. Recently in our country a new movement is emerging
        > due to the catastrophic events that have occurred in the past years
        > that hopes to go beyond the agile manifesto putting emphasis on
        > collaboration and solidarity, we call it The Digital Solidarity Manifesto.
        >
        > We would like to ask which were the success keys for having such a
        > great community. We have found some keys that we found important and
        > we'd appreciate your validation.
        >
        > In the first place, the way a message is transmitted is as important
        > as the message itself. So we need to find a balance between content
        > and the way this is published.
        >
        > Secondly, the message must innovate in some way, we recognize more
        > manifesto's initiatives around the globe, especially the agile
        > manifesto that breaks the old-fashioned way of coding. So we must
        > innovate in the message and in the way this is transmitted.
        >
        > Have you ever come across this success keys in your community history?
        > Do you recognize some other success keys that we are missing?
        >
        > We believe in learning from the past and from other's experiences.
        >
        > Thanks for your time.
        > Greetings.
        > PS: I'm actually making this post in other communities so I hope
        > nobody thinks this is SPAM.

      • JeffGrigg
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2012
          --- "gusridd" <gusridd@...> wrote:
          > Hi, i'm new to this group and i'd like to make a question
          > to the community:
          >
          > I'm representing a group of programmers from Chile that support
          > the agile manifesto. Recently in our country a new movement is
          > emerging due to the catastrophic events that have occurred in
          > the past years that hopes to go beyond the agile manifesto
          > putting emphasis on collaboration and solidarity, we call it
          > The Digital Solidarity Manifesto.
          >
          > We would like to ask which were the success keys for having
          > such a great community. We have found some keys that we found
          > important and we'd appreciate your validation.

          > Have you ever come across this success keys in your
          > community history?
          > Do you recognize some other success keys that we are missing?
          >
          > We believe in learning from the past and from other's experiences.
          >
          > Thanks for your time.

          [The main site appears to be down. Below is what seems to be what is intended by the "Digital Solidarity Manifesto."]

          Digital Solidarity Manifesto
          http://www.digitalsolidarity.org

          As digital professionals we commit to put our knowledge, skills and experience to the service of mankind.

          Through this work we want to invite to:
          - Go beyond well-crafted software, towards software that matters
          - Go beyond steadily adding value towards constantly making this world a better place
          - Go beyond a community of professionals towards a global culture of digital solidarity
          - Go beyond productive partnerships towards a fraternity that takes care of the needy

          That is, if the items on the left are necessary for developing useful software and creating business value, we consider that the goals on the right also deserve our skills, energy and passion.