Re: [XP] How to do this?

  • Adrian Howard
    Message 1 of 234 , May 6, 2012
      On 6 May 2012, at 10:24, Theresa Forster wrote:

      > I have a conundrum, I have a VB.NET WCF service I need to recode and clean
      > up into C#,

      Have you looked at the techniques covered in "Working Effectively With Legacy Code" by Michael Feathers and "Behead Your Legacy Beast" http://mikadomethod.org? Both useful reads.

      Cheers,

      Adrian
    • MarvinToll.com
      Message 234 of 234 , May 19, 2012
        I remember anxiously anticipating some capability in COBOL 85 when working for EDS on the General Motors account... however, that is as memorable at the moment as yesterday's breakfast.

        More to the point, I am anxiously awaiting select functional programming capabilities being introduced in Java and am happy to observe Oracle moving the platform forward... at least through 2021.

        As a side note, I've been appreciative of Oracle's handling of the challenging task so far... and am (at the moment) optimistic that both multi-core and functional capabilities being supported are sufficient for potentially all of my current customer's anticipated needs.

        _Marvin
        http://PatternEnabled.com