How to do this?

  • Theresa Forster
    Message 1 of 234 , May 6, 2012
      I have a conundrum, I have a VB.NET WCF service I need to recode and clean
      up into C#,

      I want to drive it out using Agile using just the name of the service and
      the existing database at the top and bottom allowing XP and Agile to drive
      out the logic in the middle.

      The old system is using CSLA which is mind bogglingly slow. So I need to use
      something maybe NHibernate or something. I don't know as I haven't driven it
      out yet.

      My question is where should I start? What should I do as a test first? The
      WCF declaration is fixed for the moment, but we will be adding restful to
      the mix going forward. So should I build an adapter pattern behind the WCF
      or maybe a Controller Pattern.

      Being new to agile I am not sure which pattern fits here nor where to go
      forward, so some suggestions would be really helpful.

      Thanks

      Theresa

    • MarvinToll.com
      Message 234 of 234 , May 19, 2012
        I remember anxiously anticipating some capability in COBOL 85 when working for EDS on the General Motors account... however, that is as memorable at the moment as yesterday's breakfast.

        More to the point, I am anxiously awaiting select functional programming capabilities being introduced in Java and am happy to observe Oracle moving the platform forward... at least through 2021.

        As a side note, I've been appreciative of Oracle's handling of the challenging task so far... and am (at the moment) optimistic that both multi-core and functional capabilities being supported are sufficient for potentially all of my current customer's anticipated needs.

        _Marvin
        http://PatternEnabled.com