Re: [XP] Test, ignore

  • Michael Hill
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2012
      Why would you ever ignore a test?

      Either the test is valid, in which case it represents a defect in the code,
      or it's invalid, in which it represents a defect in the test.

      Love,
      Hill

      On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffriesacm@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Test, ignore

    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2012
        Ron,

        On 5/2/12 12:38 PM, RonJeffries wrote:
        > Hi Avi ...
        > Let's listen to what people say for a bit but it is looking right now
        > as if agile-ann may be the right answer.

        I would prefer to read announcements of webinars and training on the
        Agile-ANN list rather than here. (And I subscribe to both.)

        - George

      • Adam Sroka
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2012
          Ditto. I am also getting the Typemock webinar announcements from MANY
          lists. I would like to request that they be *consolidated* to the Agile-ANN
          lists rather than broadcast to every peripherally related list.

          On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM, George Dinwiddie
          <lists@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Ron,
          >

          > On 5/2/12 12:38 PM, RonJeffries wrote:
          > > Hi Avi ...
          > > Let's listen to what people say for a bit but it is looking right now
          > > as if agile-ann may be the right answer.
          >
          > I would prefer to read announcements of webinars and training on the
          > Agile-ANN list rather than here. (And I subscribe to both.)
          >
          > - George

        • Tim Ottinger
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2012
            A client's qa group is trying something new and tagging (not ignoring or deleting per se) tests iff it is not a stop-ship issue AND a defect has been filed.  Nobody knows yet if it is a great convenience, a way to stockpile pain, a brilliant stroke or a slippery slope. We will see.

            I'm open to experimentation like this if it is done mindfully.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android