Agile or not agile? This is the problem

  • M. Manca
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2012
      I came from a meeting where I hear the world agile too much times and I
      didn't hear so many agile practices mentioned, so I would suspect that
      there is an abuse of "agile" not related to agile practices and methods.

      Best of all, the client management ask to have:

      1. "Project Communication Plan"
      2. "Delivery plan"
      2. "Risk management plan"
      3. "Project recovery plan"

      They put more emphasis on these documents then on their requirements
      document that actually is very poor, it contains a lot of performance
      requirements and environmental requirements but not so much functional
      requirements.

      Seems to me that they didn't know so much the product or that they
      wouldn't I know it before starting to work, but obviously they need some
      sort of offer before to start (also this is not agile but I really made
      only 3 agile contracts in last 5 years).

      What do you think about?

    • Jonathan Harley
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2012
        It sounds a lot like our environment where we have external stakeholders
        who need some knowledge of what's coming at them. Doesn't seem all that
        unreasonable to me. Neither is it - non-Agile.