Re: [XP] [ANN] Webinar: Software Architecture in an Agile Environment

  • M. Manca
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2012
      Il 02/05/2012 11:35, RonJeffries ha scritto:

      > People, advise me. Do you wish to see these offers from typemock and
      > others on the list?

      If they advise about conference, meetings and exhibitions I think may be
      acceptable, if they try to sell services not so much.

      > Thanks,
      > On May 2, 2012, at 4:58 AM, typemock wrote:
      >
      > > How do architects build software in an agile environment?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > I have two cats, and a big house full of cat stuff. The cats fight and
      > divide up the house, messing up their own lives. Nice work cats. Meow.

    • Chet Hendrickson
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2012
        Hello Ron,

        I don't see these being consistent with the goals of the group. They belong on the agile announcements group.

        My guess is that typemock has never made a 'valid' post to this group. What do you say type?

        chet

        People, advise me. Do you wish to see these offers from typemock and others on the list?
        Thanks,
        On May 2, 2012, at 4:58 AM, typemock wrote:

        > How do architects build software in an agile environment?

        I have two cats, and a big house full of cat stuff. The cats fight and divide up the house, messing up their own lives. Nice work cats. Meow.

        Best regards,
        Chet Hendrickson mailto:lists@...
        Check out our upcoming CSM Plus courses @

      • John Roth
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2012
          This is correct. As I remember it, "Avi" attempts to post spam every
          week or so. I've just been too lazy to ban him to reduce the clutter in
          the moderation queue.

          John Roth

          On 5/2/12 6:37 AM, Chet Hendrickson wrote:

          > Hello Ron,
          >
          > I don't see these being consistent with the goals of the group. They
          > belong on the agile announcements group.
          >
          > My guess is that typemock has never made a 'valid' post to this group.
          > What do you say type?
          >
          > chet
          >
          > Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 5:35:29 AM, you wrote:
          >
          > People, advise me. Do you wish to see these offers from typemock and
          > others on the list?
          > Thanks,
          > On May 2, 2012, at 4:58 AM, typemock wrote:
          >
          > > How do architects build software in an agile environment?
          >
          > Ron Jeffries
          > www.XProgramming.com
          > I have two cats, and a big house full of cat stuff. The cats fight and
          > divide up the house, messing up their own lives. Nice work cats. Meow.

          > Best regards,
          > Chet Hendrickson mailto:lists@...
          > <mailto:lists%40hendricksonxp.com>
          > Check out our upcoming CSM Plus courses @
          > http://hendricksonxp.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&Itemid=28
          > <http://hendricksonxp.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&Itemid=28>

        • Laurent Bossavit
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2012
            > People, advise me. Do you wish to see these offers from typemock and others on the list?

            Nope.

            Typemock's annoucements (which I've been annoyed by before) are spam, often cross-posted to the universe. I've complained about them on Twitter, upon which I received an apparently contrite email from Avi, asking how to "make things right".

            I gave Avi my opinion on that - stop doing it and post a public apology on their website.

            Never heard back. I see that my opinion wasn't taken into account - given that plus being a repeat offender, Typemock's reputation is in the toilet with me.

            Cheers,
            Laurent
          • typemock
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2, 2012
              I want to personally apologize to the moderators and group members if I offended anyone in the community. That is, of course, not something I intended but rather to let people know of events that they may be interested in.

              Typemock hosts educational events to educate the community about the latest trends in Agile, Unit Testing, Extreme Programming. Many of these events (including today's webinar and next week's webinar) are vendor-neutral – Typemock's products are not presented and it is not a sales demo.

              In fact, they are posted on Typemock's webinars after the event at http://www.typemock.com/webinars/ with no registration required.

              Certainly, if the members and moderators are not interested in these events, I will not post them here anymore and you can always here about them on agile-ann and from Typemock.

              Respectfully,
              Avi Hein
              Marketing Manager, Typemock

              Message 6 of 14 , May 2, 2012
                Test, ignore

              • RonJeffries
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2012
                  Hi Avi ...
                  Let's listen to what people say for a bit but it is looking right now as if agile-ann may be the right answer.
                  Thanks,
                  On May 2, 2012, at 11:57 AM, typemock wrote:

                  > Certainly, if the members and moderators are not interested in these events, I will not post them here anymore and you can always here about them on agile-ann and from Typemock.

                  Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
                  But since no one was listening, everything must be said again. -- Andre Gide

                • Michael Hill
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2012
                    Why would you ever ignore a test?

                    Either the test is valid, in which case it represents a defect in the code,
                    or it's invalid, in which it represents a defect in the test.

                    Love,
                    Hill

                    On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffriesacm@...>wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Test, ignore

                  • George Dinwiddie
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 2, 2012
                      Ron,

                      On 5/2/12 12:38 PM, RonJeffries wrote:
                      > Hi Avi ...
                      > Let's listen to what people say for a bit but it is looking right now
                      > as if agile-ann may be the right answer.

                      I would prefer to read announcements of webinars and training on the
                      Agile-ANN list rather than here. (And I subscribe to both.)

                      - George

                    • Adam Sroka
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 2, 2012
                        Ditto. I am also getting the Typemock webinar announcements from MANY
                        lists. I would like to request that they be *consolidated* to the Agile-ANN
                        lists rather than broadcast to every peripherally related list.

                        On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM, George Dinwiddie
                        <lists@...>wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Ron,
                        >

                        > On 5/2/12 12:38 PM, RonJeffries wrote:
                        > > Hi Avi ...
                        > > Let's listen to what people say for a bit but it is looking right now
                        > > as if agile-ann may be the right answer.
                        >
                        > I would prefer to read announcements of webinars and training on the
                        > Agile-ANN list rather than here. (And I subscribe to both.)
                        >
                        > - George

                      • Tim Ottinger
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 2, 2012
                          A client's qa group is trying something new and tagging (not ignoring or deleting per se) tests iff it is not a stop-ship issue AND a defect has been filed.  Nobody knows yet if it is a great convenience, a way to stockpile pain, a brilliant stroke or a slippery slope. We will see.

                          I'm open to experimentation like this if it is done mindfully.

                          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android