Re: [XP] Continuous Outegration

  • M. Manca
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2012
      Il 21/03/2012 15:39, tony_t_tubbs ha scritto:

      > Sorry to have brought up the bad verbiage. I just learned it myself,
      > and was the best term to express the concept I'm asking about. I also
      > saw something like Automated Configuration Management, but that
      > included a lot more than just the developers workstations which is my
      > focus at the moment.
      >
      > Even still, are people doing this, how is it managed in practice, and
      > has this been written about and encouraged in the industry any where?
      >
      > I'm asking partly due to some infighting. Seems there are some who
      > think a Ghost image is the answer, but that sounds like only an
      > initial setup. I one wanted to scrap everything and start over, you'd
      > not likely want to re Ghost your machine image. Anyway, just curious
      > how the is managed in practice elsewhere, if at all.
      >
      > Is there a better term for this concept/practice?
      >
      > TIA

      Sometimes I used it (not correctly) when I try to explain what means
      "continuous improvement" that is a kaizen practice used by teams doing
      kanban and scrumban. Traditional teams in the embedded market have a
      main practice to deliver the product that is not agile but waterfall
      (implementation, integration, system integration and testing, delivery,
      maintenance). So the problem is to say "hey guys, doing agile you
      perform similar things a little bit every day, a little bigger bit at
      every sprint/iteration and day by day, week by week your product
      continually improves because it realizes more requirements.