RocksIntoGold ...

  • clarke ching
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      It's been ages since I've posted here.

      I just wanted to let you know that my wee Agile book RocksIntoGold is FREE on amazon Kindle for the next few days.  It's been free on slideshare (and has 20,000 reads) since 2009 but Amazon have recently made it easier for folk like me to do freebies.

      http://amzn.com/B00359FHZQ or http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00359FHZQ.

      Oh, and as a heads up, I'll soon be publishing my big book, Rolling Rocks Downhill - think "The Goal" but set in software development.  I started it in 2003 or 4, so it's about time :)

      ---

      Bob Billington has a problem: he's about to lose his job because the economy has taken a sudden nose-dive taking the big project he is working on with it. Bob, a natural-born problem-solver, starts asking questions - the first being "What does it take for a project to be commercially viable in a recession?".

      Bob's questions surprise his bosses and his customers ... why does a programmer need to know about business? The answers surprise everyone ...
      ---
      Rocks Into Gold is a business parable, about 15-30 minutes worth of reading, which explains Agile Software Development without using any Agile words or jargon.

      I guess I could have called it: "Who moved my Waterfall?" or "The One Minute Software Engineer saves his company" ... but I might have had copyright problems...

      Hope this helps some of you, or your colleagues - the book is a great way to introduce others to the high level benefits of Agile.

      Cheers for now,
      Clarke
    • Curtis Cooley
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2012