Re: [XP] Survive as introvert

  • D.André Dhondt
    Message 1 of 68 , Feb 9, 2012
      On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Dave Rooney <dave.rooney@...> wrote:

      > **
      > And then there are the people who think that all of the Jungian and
      > Myers/Briggs personality traits are garbage.

      Reminds me of: "all models are wrong, some are useful"

      --
      D. André Dhondt
      Executive/Agile Software Coach

      mobile: 215-805-0819
      skype: d.andre.dhondt
      twitter: @adhondt http://dhondtsayitsagile.blogspot.com/

      Support low-cost conferences -- http://AgileTour.org/

    • Adam Sroka
      Message 68 of 68 , Mar 19, 2012
        Or could it just be that managers tend to favor extroverted programmers
        they see as someone they can have a beer with over introverted programmers
        they see as timid and geeky and since reviews are subjective anyway this
        bias tends to show up?

        That may sound a bit stereotypical, but as an extroverted programmer it's
        roughly how I feel about it with my own peers. I work hard to give the
        geeky guys equal time, but I definitely like the ones who are more like me
        better whether I want to admit it or not. Some of my best friends are
        managers.