RE: [XP] Introverts, Agile and Creativity

  • Steve Ropa
    Message 1 of 68 , Feb 9, 2012
      One day I am going to figure out how to make Outlook stop top-posting. But
      not today.

      I have to say you touched on something here. After reading your post I went
      back to the article. This time, it almost feels like we are trying to
      define introverts as yet another victim group. Next we will say that
      extroverts are victims because society expects too much from them..

      Your comment about self-selecting into a particular profession is spot on.
      I find it interesting that the majority of programmers, myself included,
      have a heavy dose of "I" in them, and yet we have definitely learned that
      the team room is the most productive atmosphere for programming.

      Message 68 of 68 , Mar 19, 2012
        Or could it just be that managers tend to favor extroverted programmers
        they see as someone they can have a beer with over introverted programmers
        they see as timid and geeky and since reviews are subjective anyway this
        bias tends to show up?

        That may sound a bit stereotypical, but as an extroverted programmer it's
        roughly how I feel about it with my own peers. I work hard to give the
        geeky guys equal time, but I definitely like the ones who are more like me
        better whether I want to admit it or not. Some of my best friends are
        managers.