Call for XP 2012 (The 13th International Conference on Agile Software Development)

  • Hubert Baumeister
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
      Call for Submissions to XP 2012 (http://xp2012.org)

      Submissions invited:
      We invite the following contributions to the conference:
      • Research papers
      • Tutorials
      • Workshops
      • Talks (both 45 minute and 10 minute "lightning" varieties)
      • Demonstrations of agile programming techniques and non-commercial tools
      • Panel debates
      • Experience reports

      All submitters except those submitting Research Papers should make a
      preliminary submission before November 27 (mandatory). The
      contributors of tutorials, workshops, talks, demonstrations, panels
      and experience reports will receive feedback from the conference
      reference groups, and are expected to provide final versions of their
      submissions according to the schedule below. More information about
      submitting your contribution can be found through the home page of the
      conference: http://xp2012.org.

      Important dates:
      • November 27, 2011 – Preliminary submission deadline (except for
      research papers)
      • January 3, 2012 – Final submission deadline (all types of contributions)
      • February 21, 2012 – Feedback to contributors
      • March 10 – Final versions due

      Research paper submissions:
      Research papers must be submitted through EasyChair:
      http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=xp2012

      An international program committee will review all submissions.

      We are soliciting full and short research papers. Full papers are
      limited to 15 pages and short papers 8 pages. The goal of short
      papers is to promote current work, research, practices, experiences,
      and issues that are not at a sufficiently mature stage yet to be
      submitted as full papers. Formatting guidelines can be found through:
      http://www.springer.com/series/7911. Papers not following the
      guidelines will be rejected. The XP2012 conference proceedings will be
      published in Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing
      (LNBIP). The best papers will be invited to submit an extended version
      to a special section of the Journal of Information and Software
      Technology.

      General information
      The 13th International Conference on Agile Software Development,
      XP2012, is a leading international conference on agile methods in
      software and information systems development. XP2012 will be located
      in Malmö in the southern part of Sweden with easy access from
      Copenhagen Airport in Denmark. The conference brings together both
      industrial practitioners and researchers in the fields of information
      systems and software development, and examines latest theory,
      practical applications, and implications of agile methods. For more
      information about XP 2012, please visit http://xp2012.org.

      Conference theme: Agile by Design – Deliberately going Agile in small
      teams and large organizations, designing systems, workplaces and
      organizations that enable agility.

      Areas of interest
      We are inviting high quality submissions related to agile software
      development. This year´s theme is “Agile by Design”. Topics of
      particular interest in the conference include, but are not restricted
      to, the following:
      Agile/Lean by Design
      • Deliberate Agility
      • TDD by Design
      The Agile Classics
      • Full XP - or not?
      Agile Perspectives
      • Agile - Back to The Future?
      • Agile approaches that sustain innovation
      • Production is not development
      Agile Challenges in Industry
      • Agile and architectural integrity
      • Agile platforms and product lines
      • Agile and third party suppliers.
      • Communicating through tests
      Leadership/executive perspectives
      • Agile contracts – the context
      • Stronger customer relationships
      • Agile Culture - A competitive advantage

      Welcome
      On behalf of the organizing committee and the research program
      committee, I would like to welcome your submissions to XP 2012.

      Claes Wohlin
      Research Program Chair, XP 2012
      Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden

      --
      Hubert Baumeister
      Head of Section Software Engineering
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
        Err, is this an email dated December 1st for a conference with a mandatory submission deadline (except for research papers) of November 27th?

        Hubert, could you clarify if it's worth anyone submitting anything other than research papers or whether the deadline was definitively passed before this email went out?

        Thanks!
        Peter

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
          Ahh, seem like on the site it's now saying we can submit (non-academic) proposals until December 11th
          http://xp2012.org/submit/submit

          And it's in Malmo - awesome city for a conference!

          Best Wishes,

        • D.André Dhondt
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
            This message is dated Dec 1 but says the deadline for the call for
            submissions for talks was this past Sunday--is it already too late to
            submit a talk now?

            D. Andr� Dhondt
            Executive/Agile Software Coach
            www.Dhondt-Teams-Gel.com

            mobile: 215-805-0819
            skype: d.andre.dhondt
            twitter: @adhondt http://dhondtsayitsagile.blogspot.com/

            Support low-cost conferences -- http://AgileTour.org/

          • D.André Dhondt
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
              Oops--didn't see your updates, thanks Peter!