ITIL

  • Kay A Pentecost
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2011
      Hey, Everybody,

      I've been hearing vague things about ITIL.... does anyone know what it is
      and how it is used?

      Opinions gratefully accepted.

      Thanks,

      Kay
    • William Rutiser
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2011
        On 2011-11-05 2:38 PM, Kay A Pentecost wrote:
        > Hey, Everybody,
        >
        > I've been hearing vague things about ITIL.... does anyone know what it is
        > and how it is used?
        >
        > Opinions gratefully accepted.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Kay
        Never heard of it before. But see
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Technology_Infrastructure_Library
      • Andrew McDonagh
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2011
          It's used by most major corporations to run internal services like help desks. It's basically a Service Management tool kit. Theres various levels of certification for individuals. Most companies are moving to ITIL v3

          I run a testing service for my company, we provide automation testers, tools and testing best practices to our project teams. Think of us as a one stop shop for testing.

          Andrew