Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

[XP] Re: What shouldn't have worked, but did?

Expand Messages
  • paul
    I took the spirit of the question to be what should, on paper, have been a complete train smash but somehow worked albeit in some limited way I m not going
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      I took the spirit of the question to be "what should, on paper, have been a complete train smash but somehow worked albeit in some limited way"

      I'm not going advocating the situation I described as a model to emulate :-) but its still interesting to note that approaches that appear to be completely disfunctional can sometimes be made to produce something.

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi paul ...
      >
      > On Aug 19, 2011, at 10:22 AM, paul wrote:
      >
      > > Progress was excrutiatingly slow as you would expect but by some miracle they actually managed to get a working build every week or so :-). The primary mitigation strategy was for individual developers never to change code outside what they were immediately working on.
      >
      >
      > I'm not sure I'd call that "working" so much as "limping" or "struggling".
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > I try to Zen through it and keep my voice very mellow and low.
      > Inside I am screaming and have a machine gun.
      > Yin and Yang I figure.
      > -- Tom Jeffries
      >
      >
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.