Re: [XP] remote brainstorming sticky notes

  • John Levy
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
      You may also want to look at powernoodle.com

      --John
      -----
      John Levy, PhD
      415 663-1818

      Painless IT

      http://johnlevyconsulting.com
      My book on managing technologists:
      Get Out of the Way!
      http://bit.ly/9pX1wS

      On Oct 6, 2011, at 9:48 AM, extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > 1a. remote brainstorming sticky notes
      > Posted by: "Nancy Van Schooenderwoert" vanschoo@... nancyvanschooenderwoert
      > Date: Thu Oct 6, 2011 5:52 am ((PDT))
      >
      > I'm looking for a way to efficiently do remote brainstorming. First a
      > little background:
      >
      > We're doing ok using TFS (Microsoft Team Foundation Server) to keep a
      > team's virtual story board going. The team is co-located except for one
      > person who's remote. In future there may be a second remote person (not
      > at the same place as the first remote guy but both in same time zone).
      >
      > The problem is that during planning sessions and retrospectives, if we
      > were all together we'd just use sticky notes and quickly cluster them,
      > etc. BUT everything is drastically slowed down by the need to read all
      > the sticky-note content to the remote person. Even though they are on
      > skype and see things via webcam, it's still not that helpful for this
      > type of interaction.
      >
      > I'm sure this is a pretty common issue - have any of you found a
      > solution that you'd recommend?

      > Nancy Van Schooenderwoert, Lean-Agile Partners Inc.
      >
      > 781 301 1822 US mobile
      > nancyv@..., Twitter: @vanschoo
      >
      > http://www.leanagilepartners.com
      >
      > Specialties: Agile coaching for Embedded Systems, for Data Migrations,
      > and for leadership of Lean-Agile change organization wide

    • Kay A Pentecost
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
        Hi, Everybody,

        Last Thursday, and the Thursday before, several of us at XPWDC (The DC Area
        XP group) met to learn/practice Test-Driven Design and Development and Pair
        Programming using Python and Django.

        We'll be meeting on Thursday nights at 7:00 PM at the Arlington Career
        Center to continue this practice.

        So if you want to learn Python, Django, Test-Driven Development and/or pair
        programming, or you just want to practice, join us!!!

        Hope to see you there!!!

        More info on http://www.paci.us/xpwdc/hands-on.html

        Kay Pentecost