Re: remote brainstorming sticky notes

  • gregc
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
      I recently started experimenting with trello for personal project management.Although it was wasn't designed for remote brainstorming, I think Chris might be on to something. I could see it easily working for that. Nothing like unintended uses to expose new opportunities.

      Other ideas include
      1. mindjet just came out with Mindjet Connect for this purpose.
      2. Innovation Games has online versions of their games and you can upload any template you want.

      -greg

      Greg Cohen CPM CPMM | Senior Principal Consultant | www.280group.com

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hulan <chris.hulan@...> wrote:

      > Fog Creek recently released a web based app similar to what you describe:
      > https://trello.com/
      >
      > From the site: Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects
      > into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's
      > working on what, and where something is in a process.

    • John Levy
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
        You may also want to look at powernoodle.com

        --John
        -----
        John Levy, PhD
        415 663-1818

        Painless IT

        http://johnlevyconsulting.com
        My book on managing technologists:
        Get Out of the Way!
        http://bit.ly/9pX1wS

        On Oct 6, 2011, at 9:48 AM, extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > 1a. remote brainstorming sticky notes
        > Posted by: "Nancy Van Schooenderwoert" vanschoo@... nancyvanschooenderwoert
        > Date: Thu Oct 6, 2011 5:52 am ((PDT))
        >
        > I'm looking for a way to efficiently do remote brainstorming. First a
        > little background:
        >
        > We're doing ok using TFS (Microsoft Team Foundation Server) to keep a
        > team's virtual story board going. The team is co-located except for one
        > person who's remote. In future there may be a second remote person (not
        > at the same place as the first remote guy but both in same time zone).
        >
        > The problem is that during planning sessions and retrospectives, if we
        > were all together we'd just use sticky notes and quickly cluster them,
        > etc. BUT everything is drastically slowed down by the need to read all
        > the sticky-note content to the remote person. Even though they are on
        > skype and see things via webcam, it's still not that helpful for this
        > type of interaction.
        >
        > I'm sure this is a pretty common issue - have any of you found a
        > solution that you'd recommend?

        > Nancy Van Schooenderwoert, Lean-Agile Partners Inc.
        >
        > 781 301 1822 US mobile
        > nancyv@..., Twitter: @vanschoo
        >
        > http://www.leanagilepartners.com
        >
        > Specialties: Agile coaching for Embedded Systems, for Data Migrations,
        > and for leadership of Lean-Agile change organization wide

      • Kay A Pentecost
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
          Hi, Everybody,

          Last Thursday, and the Thursday before, several of us at XPWDC (The DC Area
          XP group) met to learn/practice Test-Driven Design and Development and Pair
          Programming using Python and Django.

          We'll be meeting on Thursday nights at 7:00 PM at the Arlington Career
          Center to continue this practice.

          So if you want to learn Python, Django, Test-Driven Development and/or pair
          programming, or you just want to practice, join us!!!

          Hope to see you there!!!

          More info on http://www.paci.us/xpwdc/hands-on.html

          Kay Pentecost