Re: [XP] remote brainstorming sticky notes

  • Nancy Van Schooenderwoert
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
      Thanks Chris, Flavius, James for these suggestions. I will have a look.
      I'd like to ask a follow-up:

      The place is a Microsoft shop and so I wonder if the tools mentioned
      play well with TFS (I should say does TFS play well with *them*), or
      have they got any facility to send/receive content to/from TFS?

      I don't think it's too much of a factor now but I know the question will
      come up.

      - njv

      On 10/6/11 10:27 AM, Chris Hulan wrote:
      > Fog Creek recently released a web based app similar to what you describe:
      > https://trello.com/
      >
      >> From the site: Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects
      > into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's
      > working on what, and where something is in a process.

      Nancy Van Schooenderwoert, Lean-Agile Partners Inc.

      781 301 1822 US mobile
      nancyv@..., Twitter: @vanschoo

      http://www.leanagilepartners.com

      Specialties: Agile coaching for Embedded Systems, for Data Migrations,
      and for leadership of Lean-Agile change organization wide
    • Kay A Pentecost
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
        I went to the site and got a message that my "browser is not supported."

        Personally I don't care if they don't know how to develop a website for
        multiple browsers... but it doesn't assure me about the quality of the
        software...

        <sarcasm>
        Of course I (your possible client, supposedly a skilled developer) am not
        smart enough or knowledgeable enough to chose the browser that *I* want to
        use (for whatever reason)... so obviously I'm not *smart* enough to buy or
        use your product! Bang! One lost sale there, and Bang! Bang! Lost
        referral(s), too!)
        </sarcasm>

        Always slap a potential client in the face before giving them info about the
        product!

        Kay Pentecost

      • gregc
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
          I recently started experimenting with trello for personal project management.Although it was wasn't designed for remote brainstorming, I think Chris might be on to something. I could see it easily working for that. Nothing like unintended uses to expose new opportunities.

          Other ideas include
          1. mindjet just came out with Mindjet Connect for this purpose.
          2. Innovation Games has online versions of their games and you can upload any template you want.

          -greg

          Greg Cohen CPM CPMM | Senior Principal Consultant | www.280group.com

          --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hulan <chris.hulan@...> wrote:

          > Fog Creek recently released a web based app similar to what you describe:
          > https://trello.com/
          >
          > From the site: Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects
          > into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's
          > working on what, and where something is in a process.

        • John Levy
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
            You may also want to look at powernoodle.com

            --John
            -----
            John Levy, PhD
            415 663-1818

            Painless IT

            http://johnlevyconsulting.com
            My book on managing technologists:
            Get Out of the Way!
            http://bit.ly/9pX1wS

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
              Hi, Everybody,

              Last Thursday, and the Thursday before, several of us at XPWDC (The DC Area
              XP group) met to learn/practice Test-Driven Design and Development and Pair
              Programming using Python and Django.

              We'll be meeting on Thursday nights at 7:00 PM at the Arlington Career
              Center to continue this practice.

              So if you want to learn Python, Django, Test-Driven Development and/or pair
              programming, or you just want to practice, join us!!!

              Hope to see you there!!!

              More info on http://www.paci.us/xpwdc/hands-on.html

              Kay Pentecost