Re: [XP] remote brainstorming sticky notes

  • Flavius Stef
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
      There are some ideas at
      http://blog.scrumphony.com/2011/09/a-checklist-for-a-distributed-retrospective/

      Flavius

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Chris Hulan
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
        Fog Creek recently released a web based app similar to what you describe:
        https://trello.com/

        From the site: Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects
        into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's
        working on what, and where something is in a process.

      • Nancy Van Schooenderwoert
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
          Thanks Chris, Flavius, James for these suggestions. I will have a look.
          I'd like to ask a follow-up:

          The place is a Microsoft shop and so I wonder if the tools mentioned
          play well with TFS (I should say does TFS play well with *them*), or
          have they got any facility to send/receive content to/from TFS?

          I don't think it's too much of a factor now but I know the question will
          come up.

          - njv

          On 10/6/11 10:27 AM, Chris Hulan wrote:
          > Fog Creek recently released a web based app similar to what you describe:
          > https://trello.com/
          >
          >> From the site: Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects
          > into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's
          > working on what, and where something is in a process.

          Nancy Van Schooenderwoert, Lean-Agile Partners Inc.

          781 301 1822 US mobile
          nancyv@..., Twitter: @vanschoo

          http://www.leanagilepartners.com

          Specialties: Agile coaching for Embedded Systems, for Data Migrations,
          and for leadership of Lean-Agile change organization wide
        • Kay A Pentecost
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
            I went to the site and got a message that my "browser is not supported."

            Personally I don't care if they don't know how to develop a website for
            multiple browsers... but it doesn't assure me about the quality of the
            software...

            <sarcasm>
            Of course I (your possible client, supposedly a skilled developer) am not
            smart enough or knowledgeable enough to chose the browser that *I* want to
            use (for whatever reason)... so obviously I'm not *smart* enough to buy or
            use your product! Bang! One lost sale there, and Bang! Bang! Lost
            referral(s), too!)
            </sarcasm>

            Always slap a potential client in the face before giving them info about the
            product!

            Kay Pentecost

          • gregc
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
              I recently started experimenting with trello for personal project management.Although it was wasn't designed for remote brainstorming, I think Chris might be on to something. I could see it easily working for that. Nothing like unintended uses to expose new opportunities.

              Other ideas include
              1. mindjet just came out with Mindjet Connect for this purpose.
              2. Innovation Games has online versions of their games and you can upload any template you want.

              -greg

              Greg Cohen CPM CPMM | Senior Principal Consultant | www.280group.com

              --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hulan <chris.hulan@...> wrote:

              > Fog Creek recently released a web based app similar to what you describe:
              > https://trello.com/
              >
              > From the site: Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects
              > into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's
              > working on what, and where something is in a process.

            • John Levy
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
                You may also want to look at powernoodle.com

                --John
                -----
                John Levy, PhD
                415 663-1818

                Painless IT

                http://johnlevyconsulting.com
                My book on managing technologists:
                Get Out of the Way!
                http://bit.ly/9pX1wS

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
                  Hi, Everybody,

                  Last Thursday, and the Thursday before, several of us at XPWDC (The DC Area
                  XP group) met to learn/practice Test-Driven Design and Development and Pair
                  Programming using Python and Django.

                  We'll be meeting on Thursday nights at 7:00 PM at the Arlington Career
                  Center to continue this practice.

                  So if you want to learn Python, Django, Test-Driven Development and/or pair
                  programming, or you just want to practice, join us!!!

                  Hope to see you there!!!

                  More info on http://www.paci.us/xpwdc/hands-on.html

                  Kay Pentecost