Re: [XP] Remote Pairing

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 4, 2011
      When I was working on a windows .net project, the cpu was too busy during compile/test to maintain the video/audio. I bought a little Asus EEE PC netbook for about $250.00, and used its built-in camera & such for the video part of the program. This way the screen share and dev tools were all that were on the windows pc.

      I think that an inexpensive camera-included netbook is a great pairing aid if you work from your home office. I would have liked to have one at the office where the other progs were too, so they could carry me around easily. That would have been kind of handy.

      Tim Ottinger
      http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
      http://agileotter.blogspot.com/

    • Jeff Langr
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 4, 2011
        On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM, James Carr <james.r.carr@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I forgot that skype doesn't let you share control. Doh!

        I believe it does with plugins, e.g. the Yuuguu plugin. Or at least it did a
        few years ago. However, I had some issues with the plugins that prevented it
        from being an effective solution.

        Larry--thanks for the info about NX, I will take a look.

        Jeff
        Langr Software Solutions
        http://langrsoft.com
        http://agileinaflash.com <http://agileinaflash.com--/> - Agile in a Flash:
        the most comprehensive agile reference & source of wisdom available!