Re: [XP] Remote Pairing

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 3, 2011
      > +100 for skype. I can easily share my desktop on my linux laptop with a
      > developer on a windows machine without any issue.

      It's okay for "sit on your hands pairing" but not any good if you are doing real peer pairing, where you need to trade the keyboard back and forth, switch roles, etc. I have used WebEx, TeamViewer, and Yuuguu at different times, and they are okay. There is lag still, and they might block certain key combinations, but they are a bit more friendly for sharing the screen

      Tim Ottinger
      http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
      http://agileotter.blogspot.com/

      >________________________________

    • Jeff Langr
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 4, 2011
        On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM, James Carr <james.r.carr@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I forgot that skype doesn't let you share control. Doh!

        I believe it does with plugins, e.g. the Yuuguu plugin. Or at least it did a
        few years ago. However, I had some issues with the plugins that prevented it
        from being an effective solution.

        Larry--thanks for the info about NX, I will take a look.

        Jeff
        Langr Software Solutions
        http://langrsoft.com
        http://agileinaflash.com <http://agileinaflash.com--/> - Agile in a Flash:
        the most comprehensive agile reference & source of wisdom available!