Re: [XP] Remote Pairing

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 30, 2011
      +1 Israel, yep I use ichat over a .7mb upload with my friend for pairing and we have no problems other than occasional dropout..totally doable though and this is with video and chat.

      also tried googlechat and vnc with the setting set to 8bit colour depth and this was fine too, had to forward ports for this to work though..

      Kevin

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Israel Antezana <israelantezana@...> wrote:

      > Are you using iMacs at both ends? if yes, you could just use ichat that provides a very nice and easy way to share a remote desktop.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Israel Antezana R.
      > www.israelantezana.wordpress.com
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Jeff Langr
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 4, 2011
        On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM, James Carr <james.r.carr@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I forgot that skype doesn't let you share control. Doh!

        I believe it does with plugins, e.g. the Yuuguu plugin. Or at least it did a
        few years ago. However, I had some issues with the plugins that prevented it
        from being an effective solution.

        Larry--thanks for the info about NX, I will take a look.

        Jeff
        Langr Software Solutions
        http://langrsoft.com
        http://agileinaflash.com <http://agileinaflash.com--/> - Agile in a Flash:
        the most comprehensive agile reference & source of wisdom available!