Re: [XP] Remote Pairing

  • Flavius Stef
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 30, 2011
      Hi,

      If you use a text editor, a combo of editor + tmux + ssh + skype could work. See details here: http://7enn.com/2011/07/10/remote-pair-programming-with-vim-ssh-tmux-and-skype/.

      Also, for Eclipse, there is a plugin called http://www.saros-project.org/%c2%a0that uses Jabber for remote pair programming.

      Flavius

      ________________________________
      From: gb70840 <glbrown@...>
      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 1:31 AM
      Subject: [XP] Remote Pairing

      We are trying to get set up to do some inter-continental remote pairing using iMacs for mobile app development. Our Windows sys-admins can't get it to work. If you have experience with this and are willing to answer some questions, please contact me off-list on my work email address garybrown at carfax dot com.

      Thanks!!!

      GB.

    • Jeff Langr
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 4, 2011
        On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM, James Carr <james.r.carr@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I forgot that skype doesn't let you share control. Doh!

        I believe it does with plugins, e.g. the Yuuguu plugin. Or at least it did a
        few years ago. However, I had some issues with the plugins that prevented it
        from being an effective solution.

        Larry--thanks for the info about NX, I will take a look.

        Jeff
        Langr Software Solutions
        http://langrsoft.com
        http://agileinaflash.com <http://agileinaflash.com--/> - Agile in a Flash:
        the most comprehensive agile reference & source of wisdom available!