Re: [XP] Remote Pairing

  • Sean Corfield
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 29, 2011
      On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 3:31 PM, gb70840 <glbrown@...> wrote:

      > **
      > We are trying to get set up to do some inter-continental remote pairing
      > using iMacs for mobile app development. Our Windows sys-admins can't get it
      > to work. If you have experience with this and are willing to answer some
      > questions, please contact me off-list on my work email address garybrown at
      > carfax dot com.

      Like Adam, I'm not clear what part you can't get working and why Windows
      sysadmins are even needed where iMacs are involved?

      I can tell you that we do (some) remote pairing where I work using a variety
      of Macs and we simply use iChat with Gmail accounts. iChat lets you screen
      share with audio which works pretty well for what we use. Doing video chat
      on one monitor with screen sharing on another monitor would be more ideal
      but that will draw down more bandwidth and produce much more lag...
      --
      Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
      Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/

      "Perfection is the enemy of the good."

    • Jeff Langr
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 4, 2011
        On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM, James Carr <james.r.carr@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I forgot that skype doesn't let you share control. Doh!

        I believe it does with plugins, e.g. the Yuuguu plugin. Or at least it did a
        few years ago. However, I had some issues with the plugins that prevented it
        from being an effective solution.

        Larry--thanks for the info about NX, I will take a look.

        Jeff
        Langr Software Solutions
        http://langrsoft.com
        http://agileinaflash.com <http://agileinaflash.com--/> - Agile in a Flash:
        the most comprehensive agile reference & source of wisdom available!