Re: [XP] Re: Relevance of XP in Modern era

  • Jonathan Harley
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 22, 2011
      Hey Ron,

      I expect she was thinking along the lines of a choir of singing angels.. :-)

      On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:06 AM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi Jonathan,
      >

      > On Aug 21, 2011, at 11:18 AM, Jonathan Harley wrote:
      >
      > > I once had a "QA Manager" ask, "So, all I get from this Test-Driven stuff
      > is
      > > better quality software?"
      > >
      > > I was stunned..
      >
      > Did you inquire what more they were hoping for?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > I try to Zen through it and keep my voice very mellow and low.
      > Inside I am screaming and have a machine gun.
      > Yin and Yang I figure.
      > -- Tom Jeffries

    • JeffGrigg
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 22, 2011
        --- Jonathan Harley <jdharley@...> wrote:
        > I expect she was thinking along the lines of a choir
        > of singing angels.. :-)

        Write it up on a story card.
        We can figure out how to sing...

        >;->
      • Tim Ottinger
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 23, 2011
          >________________________________

          Tim Ottinger
          http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
          http://agileotter.blogspot.com/

        • D.André Dhondt
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 26, 2011
            On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:50 AM, MarvinToll.com <MarvinToll@...>wrote:

            > **
            >
            > ...Scrum has received widespread 'mind-share'... while XP has tended to
            > appeal to an insular community.

            Hmmmm, it's not a competition--and it's not fair to call XP insular. Didn't
            the xUnit frameworks sweep across the whole industry? Weren't the XP
            founders on C2, the original wiki? The ideas from there, as well as the
            technology, have spread even beyond the industry to the mainstream masses...
            No, XP is not insular. That's why I stay on this list--our community is
            always bringing in new ideas to share with one another.

            --
            D. André Dhondt
            mobile: 215-805-0819

            Support low-cost conferences -- http://AgileTour.org/

          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 30, 2011
              I struggle to see how a software team can be agile without adopting XP disciplines too.

              Kevin