Automated Development Testing Conference?

  • David Roberts
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2011
      All,

      Would someone be so kind to recommend some good automated development testing classes or conferences? This is something that my company wishes to improve on and we've had difficulty achieving buy-in from the development staff. I'm hoping an inspirational and educational conference might be a good kick start.

      Any advice is appreciated!

      Thanks,
      David

    • Peter Bell
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2011
        Any languages/platforms you generally use? A lot of the classes would be language specific . . .

        On Jul 19, 2011, at 4:14 PM, David Roberts wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > Would someone be so kind to recommend some good automated development testing classes or conferences? This is something that my company wishes to improve on and we've had difficulty achieving buy-in from the development staff. I'm hoping an inspirational and educational conference might be a good kick start.
        >
        > Any advice is appreciated!
        >
        > Thanks,
        > David

      • Gary Brown
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2011
          David,

          Check with Jeff Langr. http://www.langrsoft.com/

          We have used him for TDD training several times. He is a low key guy,
          but very knowledgeable and passionate about TDD. Also, very credible
          presence with developers.

          GB.

          Quoting David Roberts <droberts@...>:

          > All,
          >
          > Would someone be so kind to recommend some good automated
          > development testing classes or conferences? This is something that
          > my company wishes to improve on and we've had difficulty achieving
          > buy-in from the development staff. I'm hoping an inspirational and
          > educational conference might be a good kick start.
          >
          > Any advice is appreciated!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > David

        • Chet Hendrickson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2011
            Hello David,

            Jeff Morgan <jeff.morgan@...> at LeanDog has a very good Cucumber course.

            chet

            All,

            Would someone be so kind to recommend some good automated development testing classes or conferences? This is something that my company wishes to improve on and we've had difficulty achieving buy-in from the development staff. I'm hoping an inspirational and educational conference might be a good kick start.

            Any advice is appreciated!

            Thanks,
            David

            Best regards,
            Chet Hendrickson mailto:lists@...
            Check out our upcoming CSM Plus courses @

          • David Roberts
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 22, 2011
              Mainly .Net, C#, SQL Server, MS Stuff etc...

              Thanks,
              David

              Any languages/platforms you generally use? A lot of the classes would be language specific . . .

              On Jul 19, 2011, at 4:14 PM, David Roberts wrote:

              > All,
              >
              > Would someone be so kind to recommend some good automated development testing classes or conferences? This is something that my company wishes to improve on and we've had difficulty achieving buy-in from the development staff. I'm hoping an inspirational and educational conference might be a good kick start.
              >
              > Any advice is appreciated!
              >
              > Thanks,
              > David

            • David Roberts
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 22, 2011
                Excellent, thanks Gary!

                Quoting David Roberts <droberts@...<mailto:droberts%40innovasi.com>>:

                > All,
                >
                > Would someone be so kind to recommend some good automated
                > development testing classes or conferences? This is something that
                > my company wishes to improve on and we've had difficulty achieving
                > buy-in from the development staff. I'm hoping an inspirational and
                > educational conference might be a good kick start.
                >
                > Any advice is appreciated!
                >
                > Thanks,
                > David

              • Jeff Anderson
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 23, 2011
                  Also try joshua kerievsky from industrial logic, their online and personal training has a really fantastic reputation, these guys really know their TDD...

                  Jeff Anderson

                  agileconsulting.blogspot.com
                  http://twitter.com/thomasjeffrey

                  On 2011-07-22, at 2:10 PM, David Roberts <droberts@...> wrote:

                  > Excellent, thanks Gary!

                • James Carr
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 28, 2011
                    There is also the project automation experience in Florida this year that is
                    held in conjunction with the Rich Web Experience:
                    http://projectautomationexperience.com/conference/fort_lauderdale/2011/11/home

                    <http://projectautomationexperience.com/conference/fort_lauderdale/2011/11/home>
                    Thanks,
                    James