Re: [XP] Pairing opposite each other

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 20, 2011
      ----- Original Message ----
      > From: Kay A Pentecost <tranzpupy@...>

      > Hi, Tim,
      >
      > I'm curious how long you tried it?
      >
      > Thanks,

      Not very long. An hour or two. It is worth trying again for a longer period. I
      do a lot of remote pairing, so not seeing my partner's face isn't that unusual
      to me.

      The ladies in the team I'm coaching tried it, and liked it okay but felt more
      comfortable pointing and sitting closer together. I don't know if different
      partners would have different results. I don't argue with Chet & Ron's
      experiences.

      Tim
    • Hubert Baumeister
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 28, 2011
        Applications are invited for a new professorship in Software Engineering
        at DTU Informatics (Department of Informatics and Mathematical
        Modelling) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The professor
        will be affiliated with the Software Engineering Section, and will be in
        charge of further development of the section. The professor is also
        expected to create strong interactions with other Sections at DTU
        Informatics, thus actively taking part in the definition, development
        and promotion of the future IT profile of DTU Informatics.

        The Software Engineering Section has 8 faculty members and 3 consultants
        doing software development for the public sector and industry. This
        provides a unique setting for combining theoretical and applied research.

        Research in the Software Engineering Section covers model-based software
        development, formal modeling and verification, requirements engineering,
        and software development processes. This gives a unique setting for
        combining theoretical and applied research. The research is related to
        application domains currently covering transport, energy and the
        environment.

        The combination of two technological trends: rapid component
        miniaturization and the emergence of high-speed wireless communications
        have changed the computing platform from stand alone- and Web
        applications in fixed network structures, to highly dynamic networks
        where programs may move among nodes, and may evolve and change
        structure. This change of computing platform creates challenges and
        opportunities for Software Engineering, covering everything from the
        theoretical foundation to practical implementation.

        A preferred candidate should be able to address these challenges based
        on the competences of the Software Engineering Section and in close
        interaction with other sections at DTU Informatics. The candidate should
        demonstrate the ability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical
        development within one of the following (or closely related) areas:

        * Software Engineering for mobile and distributed computing (form
        Internet-of-Things, over adaptive systems, to user interaction)
        * Software Engineering for high performance computing (from massive
        parallel super computers, over GPUs, to multi-core processors)

        For the official announcement please consult

        http://www.dtu.dk/English/About_DTU/vacancies.aspx?guid=76841fd5-b317-4307-9e28-fa912c5e246d

        Further information may be obtained from Head of Department, Professor
        Helle Rootzén, tel.: +45 4525 3370.

        You can read more about DTU Informatics on www.imm.dtu.dk

        --
        Hubert Baumeister