RE: [XP] Pairing opposite each other

  • Kay A Pentecost
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 15, 2011
      Hey, John,

      I'm sure that two screens are better than one... and I'm getting the feeling
      that f2f will be better than side by side... I may be able to experiment
      soon.

      Kay Pentecost

    • Tim Ottinger
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 20, 2011
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 28, 2011
          Applications are invited for a new professorship in Software Engineering
          at DTU Informatics (Department of Informatics and Mathematical
          Modelling) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The professor
          will be affiliated with the Software Engineering Section, and will be in
          charge of further development of the section. The professor is also
          expected to create strong interactions with other Sections at DTU
          Informatics, thus actively taking part in the definition, development
          and promotion of the future IT profile of DTU Informatics.

          The Software Engineering Section has 8 faculty members and 3 consultants
          doing software development for the public sector and industry. This
          provides a unique setting for combining theoretical and applied research.

          Research in the Software Engineering Section covers model-based software
          development, formal modeling and verification, requirements engineering,
          and software development processes. This gives a unique setting for
          combining theoretical and applied research. The research is related to
          application domains currently covering transport, energy and the
          environment.

          The combination of two technological trends: rapid component
          miniaturization and the emergence of high-speed wireless communications
          have changed the computing platform from stand alone- and Web
          applications in fixed network structures, to highly dynamic networks
          where programs may move among nodes, and may evolve and change
          structure. This change of computing platform creates challenges and
          opportunities for Software Engineering, covering everything from the
          theoretical foundation to practical implementation.

          A preferred candidate should be able to address these challenges based
          on the competences of the Software Engineering Section and in close
          interaction with other sections at DTU Informatics. The candidate should
          demonstrate the ability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical
          development within one of the following (or closely related) areas:

          * Software Engineering for mobile and distributed computing (form
          Internet-of-Things, over adaptive systems, to user interaction)
          * Software Engineering for high performance computing (from massive
          parallel super computers, over GPUs, to multi-core processors)

          For the official announcement please consult

          http://www.dtu.dk/English/About_DTU/vacancies.aspx?guid=76841fd5-b317-4307-9e28-fa912c5e246d

          Further information may be obtained from Head of Department, Professor
          Helle Rootzén, tel.: +45 4525 3370.

          You can read more about DTU Informatics on www.imm.dtu.dk

          --
          Hubert Baumeister