RE: [XP] Pairing opposite each other

  • Kay A Pentecost
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 15 1:34 PM
      Hey, John,

      I'm sure that two screens are better than one... and I'm getting the feeling
      that f2f will be better than side by side... I may be able to experiment
      soon.

      Kay Pentecost

    • Kay A Pentecost
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 15 1:34 PM
        Hi, Tim,

        I'm curious how long you tried it?

        Thanks,

        Kay Pentecost

      • Tim Ottinger
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 20 7:20 PM
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 28 5:29 AM
            Applications are invited for a new professorship in Software Engineering
            at DTU Informatics (Department of Informatics and Mathematical
            Modelling) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The professor
            will be affiliated with the Software Engineering Section, and will be in
            charge of further development of the section. The professor is also
            expected to create strong interactions with other Sections at DTU
            Informatics, thus actively taking part in the definition, development
            and promotion of the future IT profile of DTU Informatics.

            The Software Engineering Section has 8 faculty members and 3 consultants
            doing software development for the public sector and industry. This
            provides a unique setting for combining theoretical and applied research.

            Research in the Software Engineering Section covers model-based software
            development, formal modeling and verification, requirements engineering,
            and software development processes. This gives a unique setting for
            combining theoretical and applied research. The research is related to
            application domains currently covering transport, energy and the
            environment.

            The combination of two technological trends: rapid component
            miniaturization and the emergence of high-speed wireless communications
            have changed the computing platform from stand alone- and Web
            applications in fixed network structures, to highly dynamic networks
            where programs may move among nodes, and may evolve and change
            structure. This change of computing platform creates challenges and
            opportunities for Software Engineering, covering everything from the
            theoretical foundation to practical implementation.

            A preferred candidate should be able to address these challenges based
            on the competences of the Software Engineering Section and in close
            interaction with other sections at DTU Informatics. The candidate should
            demonstrate the ability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical
            development within one of the following (or closely related) areas:

            * Software Engineering for mobile and distributed computing (form
            Internet-of-Things, over adaptive systems, to user interaction)
            * Software Engineering for high performance computing (from massive
            parallel super computers, over GPUs, to multi-core processors)

            For the official announcement please consult

            http://www.dtu.dk/English/About_DTU/vacancies.aspx?guid=76841fd5-b317-4307-9e28-fa912c5e246d

            Further information may be obtained from Head of Department, Professor
            Helle Rootzén, tel.: +45 4525 3370.

            You can read more about DTU Informatics on www.imm.dtu.dk

            --
            Hubert Baumeister