Re: [XP] formal artifact to explain and document the business process?

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14 5:04 PM
      ----- Original Message ----

      Your client is right in that it's not too formal. But "formal" is not a very
      important value. In fact, we prefer the least process you can successfully
      afford. We have "just enough" to do a great job.

      Maybe there is some other value suggested by his use of the word "formal?"

      Tim Ottinger
      http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
      http://agileotter.blogspot.com/

      > Regards,
      > Ri

    • jeffgrigg63132
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15 5:36 AM
        If they suffer from a need for artifacts, then by all means, stop by a trophy shop and get them one:
        http://www.news.cornell.edu/chronicle/98/12.10.98/trophy.GIF

        If more formality is needed, I'm sure we could adjust the wardrobe:
        http://www.halloweenplayground.com/images/cc/zoot-suit-costume-gold.jpg

        If they need to better understand their business processes, I'm sure that I could find a good business consultant to come in and advise them on the topic.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_and_motion_study

        If their main problem is a vague sense of unease, I'm sure one could find a good counselor, who can help them feel better.
        http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/articles/health_tools/ADHD_adults_slideshow/photolibrary_rf_photo_of_man_with_in_therapy_session.jpg

        Now if they have an actual business problem that they want to solve, I'm sure we could work with them to find some kind of solution. Maybe what they need is more management PowerPoint presentations to help them think about and visualize how they wish to run their business.