Re: [XP] Pairing opposite each other

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 14, 2011
      We just tried it. It didn't stink, but it turns out that we feel less connected
      to each other that way, and have to point with mouse instead of hands.
      It works, but it is more like the remote pairing experience.
      Tim Ottinger
      http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
      http://agileotter.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 14, 2011
        when I get to pair locally with somebody these days and we can get the
        extra display and input, I prefer the setup that Ron and Chet use -
        slightyly angled, so you can see each other but have your own
        keyboard/mouse. It takes discipline to stay engaged and not start
        getting sidetracked with my own machiner - but those of you who know
        me will understand that! :)

        jg

        On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Tim Ottinger <linux_tim@...> wrote:
        > We just tried it.  It didn't stink, but it turns out that we feel less connected
        > to each other that way, and have to point with mouse instead of hands.
        > It works, but it is more like the remote pairing experience.
        >  Tim Ottinger
        > http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
        > http://agileotter.blogspot.com/

        John Goodsen                 RADSoft / Better Software Faster
        jgoodsen@...            Lean/Kanban/XP/Scrum Coaching and Training
        http://www.radsoft.com          Enterprise Ruby, Java and Scala Solutions
      • Kay A Pentecost
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 15, 2011
          Hey, John,

          I'm sure that two screens are better than one... and I'm getting the feeling
          that f2f will be better than side by side... I may be able to experiment
          soon.

          Kay Pentecost

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 15, 2011
            Hi, Tim,

            I'm curious how long you tried it?

            Thanks,

            Kay Pentecost

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 20, 2011
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 28, 2011
                Applications are invited for a new professorship in Software Engineering
                at DTU Informatics (Department of Informatics and Mathematical
                Modelling) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The professor
                will be affiliated with the Software Engineering Section, and will be in
                charge of further development of the section. The professor is also
                expected to create strong interactions with other Sections at DTU
                Informatics, thus actively taking part in the definition, development
                and promotion of the future IT profile of DTU Informatics.

                The Software Engineering Section has 8 faculty members and 3 consultants
                doing software development for the public sector and industry. This
                provides a unique setting for combining theoretical and applied research.

                Research in the Software Engineering Section covers model-based software
                development, formal modeling and verification, requirements engineering,
                and software development processes. This gives a unique setting for
                combining theoretical and applied research. The research is related to
                application domains currently covering transport, energy and the
                environment.

                The combination of two technological trends: rapid component
                miniaturization and the emergence of high-speed wireless communications
                have changed the computing platform from stand alone- and Web
                applications in fixed network structures, to highly dynamic networks
                where programs may move among nodes, and may evolve and change
                structure. This change of computing platform creates challenges and
                opportunities for Software Engineering, covering everything from the
                theoretical foundation to practical implementation.

                A preferred candidate should be able to address these challenges based
                on the competences of the Software Engineering Section and in close
                interaction with other sections at DTU Informatics. The candidate should
                demonstrate the ability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical
                development within one of the following (or closely related) areas:

                * Software Engineering for mobile and distributed computing (form
                Internet-of-Things, over adaptive systems, to user interaction)
                * Software Engineering for high performance computing (from massive
                parallel super computers, over GPUs, to multi-core processors)

                For the official announcement please consult

                http://www.dtu.dk/English/About_DTU/vacancies.aspx?guid=76841fd5-b317-4307-9e28-fa912c5e246d

                Further information may be obtained from Head of Department, Professor
                Helle Rootzén, tel.: +45 4525 3370.

                You can read more about DTU Informatics on www.imm.dtu.dk

                --
                Hubert Baumeister