Call for candidate cities in the Agile Tour 2011

  • Patrice Petit
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011
      *Call for candidate cities in the Agile Tour 2011*

      *Do you want to bring and to organize the biggest Agile event in your own
      city?
      *
      Agile Tour, a series of non-profit events over several cities throughout
      October and November 2011. Last year's edition of the Agile Tour attracted
      over 7500 participants in 44 cities around the world. New countries
      appeared. New Agile ambassadors and leaders appeared. Some old local
      communities have been re-dynamized. Some interesting new properties of Agile
      through some different cultures have been discovered around this tour and
      around the world.

      To build on the success of our last tour, we are calling upon you to join
      you to this great gathering on Agile and create your own local AgileTour
      conference in the last quarter of 2011 to make this great "massive
      communication" together. You will receive all the support of our
      international teams who organized the previous Agile Tour. This year,
      AgileTour will be bigger than ever and we are counting on your local
      presence to make it happen.

      After our passage, you will change the country mindset on this topic.

      *Objectives *
      The main objectives of the Agile Tour are constantly evolving, but are
      currently:

      - *Massively promote Agile *
      Our primary mission is to conduct a 'Mass Communication' about our
      development practices throughout the month of October. We want to
      communicate everywhere there is an audience in order to attract massive
      attention to our new professional approach.
      - *Share our visions of Agile *
      Since agile is constantly evolving, we want to be open to new horizons
      while also contributing our understanding, interpretation and ideas to the
      agile community.
      - *Federate*
      Encourage leadership in all regions of the world in the agile arena,
      while being consistent with agile culture and self-organization.
      - *Support*
      Assist our colleagues and local businesses in their adoption of Agile

      *AgileTour2011, a special year*
      *Because we want to assist our colleagues, we are supporting the Japan in
      several types of actions. We are helping local organizations of
      AgileTourJapan but also bring them a financial support through sponsorship
      mechanisms of different cities. With these finances, they could fund
      directly social non profit organizations of their choice, to help the more
      affected people. Obviously, we will also have a thought to all the many
      people who suffer from wars and natural disasters around the world.*

      *How to become an AgileTour City?*
      1) Review the following:
      http://wiki.agiletour.org/files/AT2011_resources/AT2011Organizer.ppt

      2) Sign up for our google group and send us any questions you have:
      http://groups.google.com/group/agiletour

      3) Then fill this out and send it back to us:
      http://bit.ly/AgileTourNewCity

      For more information on organizing this event, please contact us at:
      board@... or find a local organizer at
      http://at2011.agiletour.org/board.html

      Best regards,

      The AgileTour2011 Team