ANN: Agile Charity Event in Osaka on April 29th

  • Yoshi Nagase
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2011
      Hi all,

      ThoughtWorks and Technologic Arts are holding a charity event, titled
      "Agile Charity Event in Osaka", on April 29th as part of our
      reconstruction support activities for the Tohoku Pacific Coast
      Earthquake occurred on March 11, 2011. This event has been planned in
      response to the proposal by one of our business partners
      ThoughtWorks, Inc., and with the great cooperation of Japan eXtreme
      Programming User's Group Kansai Office (XPJUG-Kansai).

      On the day, we are planning to hold a fund-raising activity and a
      collection box will be set up on site for your donations.
      Additionally, some items will be sold as charity goods by advance
      reservation only. There are ThoughtWorks original backpack and books
      with autograph as charity goods .(Authors: Martin Fowler, Jim
      Highsmith, Rebecca Parsons, Jez Humble, Kent Beck)All the funds
      raised by the activity will be donated in the name of ThoughtWorks,
      Inc. to the Japanese Red Cross Society for those affected by the
      recent Tohoku Pacific Coast Earthquake in Japan. Also, the funds
      raised by Kent Beck's books will be donated in the name of Three
      Rivers Institute.

      We hope this event, in cooperation with cross-border individuals and
      businesses, could be contributory to making the first step toward
      reconstruction after the disaster.

      *Outline*
      •Date:Friday, April 29, 2011
      •Time:11:00 - 16:30(Japan Time)
      • Venue:Osaka City Tsurumi Ward Resident's Centre
       http://www.osakacommunity.jp/turumi/access.html
      • Capacity:80 persons
      • Attendance fee:Free

      *Program*
      •ThoughtWorks Session (live broadcast from Australia)
      •Agile Session by Yoshihide Nagase (Technologic Arts Inc.)
      •Panel Discussion by XPJUG-Kansai
      •Video letter by Kent Beck(finalizing the schedule)

      Find out more at the conference website;
      http://www.tech-arts.co.jp/news-and-topics/events/2011/en/
      Charity2011_en.html

      *Contact us*
      Technologic Arts Inc.