Re: [XP] Agile Manifesto Team Reconvenes

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 70 , Feb 11, 2011
      > Tim... I'm ready to breathe, be, and accept that the Agile Manifesto v. 2001
      > is not usefull for Successful Large Enterprises. Does that mean that we
      >agree???

      Maybe a little. We seem to have a view that there is an incompatibility.

      From there we don't follow the same path. To you, if agile
      doesn't work in Fortune 25 corporations, then there is
      something wrong with Agile. That is where we part.

      Maybe there's nothing wrong with agile, but something wrong
      with F25 companies. Maybe there's nothing wrong with either
      but they're different contexts.

      IME, selling agile to some large companies is like selling
      shampoo to bald men. They don't need it, and they wouldn't
      know what to do with it if they had a plentiful supply.

      So there is a germ of agreement in there, but I will bow out
      because I simply cannot figure out why you feel it is so
      important to change the very definitional works of agile to
      fit the non-agile way that a small number of disproportionately
      powerful companies do things.

      Tim

      Need Mail bonding?
    • Kay A Pentecost
      Message 70 of 70 , Mar 3, 2011
        +10,000 (and I swore I'd never exaggerate again)

        Kay P