[ANN] FREE WEBINAR - Splitting User Stories for Developers (11/17)

  • donnareed7
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010
      User Stories have become the bread and butter specifications for an
      Agile team, yet it is difficult to know how to do a good job of sizing
      them. In this Webinar we will answer some questions:
      * Why split stories?
      * Why will this make the team go faster?
      * Why is splitting stories by architectural component bad?
      * What is a better way of splitting user stories?

      We will start with a quick review of what user stories are and then
      learn why large stories often limit your team's progress. Then we
      will learn how to split them. Along with some examples in the
      presentation you're invited to come prepared with your own user
      stories and we will see if we can help you split a few on the fly.

      [1]
      <http://www.agilistapm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/agilejournal.gif>
      <http://www.agilistapm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Mark-Levison-200x2\
      00.jpg> SPEAKER: Mark Levison has been an Agile practitioner since
      2001, introducing Agile methods one practice at a time inside a small
      team. From 2006 – 2009, as an employee of Cognos, he introduced
      Scrum to the organization and coached a number of teams. As part of
      that process he designed a Test Driven Development adoption strategy
      <http://www.infoq.com/articles/levison-TDD-adoption-strategy> and
      introduced of a number of practices to support it. Mark is now an
      independant Agile/Scrum Trainer and Coach (Agile Pain Relief
      Consulting <http://agilepainrelief.com/> ). He has introduced Scrum to
      a number of organizations including: Export Development Canada,
      Industry Canada, A leading payroll and HR services company, Invision
      Inc – A leading ad planning provider for the media industry. Mark
      is also an Agile Editor at InfoQ
      <http://www.infoq.com/author/Mark-Levison> and has written dozens of
      articles on Agile topics and publishes a blog – Notes from a Tool
      User <http://agilepainrelief.com/notesfromatooluser> .

      PDU: 1 *** all who register will get a link to the recording ***
      COST: Free

      RESERVE YOUR SEAT at: http://www.agilistapm.com/splitting-user-stories/