Re: [XP] How to do TDD

  • JeffGrigg
    Message 1 of 83 , Nov 5, 2010
      --- "Stan" <stasil213@...> wrote:
      > if code is too "GUI", I just don't test it - I made that
      > mistake three years ago on a real project - [...]

      Wise choice. But also, don't give up too early or easily...

      There is a lot to be said for separating GUI library widget referencing code from GUI-driving logic. Model-View-Controller and Model-View-Presenter patterns (and others) can be used to separate testable from (darn near) untestable code, making it feasible to test more of the code.
    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 83 of 83 , Nov 5, 2010
        Stan,

        On 11/4/10 8:17 PM, Stan wrote:
        > * I want to make a personal paradigm shift to full TDD, as in the
        > bowling example you pointed out.

        Kay gave you some good book recommendations. If you prefer screencasts
        to books, you might check out http://jamesshore.com/Blog/Lets-Play/

        - George

        --
        Nov 15-16 Agile Testing Workshop in Orlando
        http://www.sqe.com/AgileDevPracticesEast/Workshop/