Re: [XP] agile developer pay

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2010
      Hello, eligarepoleved. On Wednesday, October 27, 2010, at
      11:57:06 AM, you wrote:

      > So based on this single trial, I should not ask for a raise? I
      > should just leave.

      The guy came to me and said pay me more or I'll leave. I chose.

      I'm suggesting that many rational managers would do the same, and
      since your note here sounded like you might consider saying
      something like that, I thought you might value some real world
      experience. I believe that you need a more sophisticated approach.

      > I think there is a more sophisticated approach. I don't really
      > want to leave, I want to stay and earn the pay for the value I
      > have provided.

      That's good, everyone deserves to be paid fairly. How do you know
      what's fair? How might you communicate that in a non-threatening way
      to you management.

      You can observe a lot by watching. --Yogi Berra