Re: [XP] What helps you get into flow when pairing?

  • Adrian Howard
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 26, 2010
      Hi Dale,

      On 25 Sep 2010, at 21:13, Dale Emery wrote:
      [snip]
      >> Another way I get started is having a conversation about a story card with
      >> the Customer. Going from the high-level description to something small
      >> enough to get built is enough to get things running.
      >
      > Talking with a Customer also puts you in touch with the value of the thing
      > you're about to do. I wonder if that might affect flow.

      I think you've just expressed more clearly what was was actually thinking :-) It's getting that knowing where we're going and why feeling.

      Ta,

      Adrian
    • Adrian Howard
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 2, 2010
        On 24 Sep 2010, at 21:48, Kay wrote:

        > Hi, Adrian,
        >
        > Since I'm not pairing <sob> and not doing tdd <sob, sob> (working in ASP.NET in a web app that's all gridview and databases) I type "start here" if I'm feeling overwhelmed when I stop for the day.
        >
        > Soon as I load the program in the morning it tells me where to start.
        >
        > Go ahead, tell me at one time you didn't do this...<grin>

        I ran a Perl program a couple of days ago that I left in the middle of development to find that I'd left:

        die "fix the infinite loop"

        in the middle of it :-)

        Adrian